Viewing 1 to 7 (7 Total)
Fladbury 25/7/2017

DavidH

DavidH
Total Posts: 245

Fished Fladbury last Tuesday arrived about 9am, noticed the parking for the weir was full.
Fished down stream of the bridge 3rd peg into the second field. On arrival bearing in mind it was a Tuesday I was surprised to see 8 people already fishing. Plan for the day was to fish the pole 2 lines one at 8mt one at 12. The river looked spot on carrying a bit of water.
3 balls of groundbait went in at 8mt and hemp was fed with the odd caster at 12mt

It fished rock hard I was shocked how bad it was the groundbait line through up 2 dace 1 gugeon a few bleak and a perch before it died and the hemp line produced one Roach all day. A few more fish came to the 8mt line after bait dropping casters but all in all 2lb would be the most I had managed all day.

Guy above me struggled fishing float and feeder guy bellow me caught a few dace fishing the waggler across but nothing to get excited about.

What surprised me is how busy this place is even mid week 8/12 people were fishing down stream through out the day and as people packed up and left late afternoon more barbel anglers would turn up for evening sessions. Seems to me this place is heavily match fished weekends and in the week.

Anyone fishing a match on there anytime soon If it were me set up a whip and if you have the bleak in your peg fish for them I recon you can easily do between 3 4lb of them.

all the best Dave.

Tags:
Posted on August 2, 2017 at 12:51 PM

Johnny_Care

Johnny_Care
Total Posts: 407

Re: Fladbury 25/7/2017

It's probably the most heavily fished BAA venue of them all, with the possible exception of the Brook Section on the Severn. If you're like me and prefer solitude, Fladbury isn't the place to go.

Posted on August 2, 2017 at 1:07 PM

Meatman

Meatman
Total Posts: 156

I went to Fladbury for the first time towards the end of last season, on a week day and it was packed.

Like Johnny I prefer my solitude, couldn't stand it any longer and jacked it in after 2 hours. Went on to Pershore and caught 2 barbel within half an hour of setting up.

I don't think I'll be going back to the circus again in a hurry. As someone else said on a recent post, there's constant annoying beeps from bite alarms. They obviously need sensitive alarms to detect a 3ft twitch.

Luckily the BAA has lots of alternative waters to choose from.

Posted on August 2, 2017 at 1:43 PM

Robhol1

Robhol1
Total Posts: 198

I suppose that when you can park behind your peg it's always going to be more popular than hiking with your tackle,Ladyham was the same a few years ago but there are plenty of fish at fladbury if you can get them going,I've found that 4-6 mm pellets have been producing better than traditional baits using a big heavy stick float.i had these in a couple of hours out the same peg but it was in the evening.

Attachments: IMG_2305.JPG
Posted on August 2, 2017 at 5:57 PM

onelastcast

onelastcast
Total Posts: 820

The most rods I have seen 3 weeks ago, were six in the weir run off between three anglers...crazy.

Posted on August 2, 2017 at 6:33 PM

DavidH

DavidH
Total Posts: 245

Rob with the bit of extra water I went with a sweet fish meal ground bait added 3mm pellets to the mix I tried 4mm pellets all day on and off didnt take a single fish on pellet. I set up 3 rigs for the this line 1 gram 2 gram and a 3 gram lolipop to give me different options and presentations. The lolipop fished hard on bottom gave me the best run of bites. May just have been one of those days.
What I did notice quite a few of the fish I caught had damaged mouths. I will be out again soon though and try again smiling

Posted on August 3, 2017 at 6:39 AM

Robhol1

Robhol1
Total Posts: 198

Looks like you tried everything but dynamite,I suppose that's fishing for you never the same from one day to the next.I must admit I thought the fish I caught were in good nick apart from a few had pike bites on them.

Posted on August 3, 2017 at 5:26 PM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!