When fishing BAA water every member is a guest in the countryside. You should ensure you respect the countryside by following this simple code….
- Never ever leave litter – Remember plastic bags or metal cans can injure, or even kill, wildlife and livestock. Remember It is an offence under BAA Bye-Laws to fish in a peg with litter present. If you take luncheon or similar meat onto BAA waters, please take it out of the can before you arrive and leave the can at home.
- Always close all gates, keep to paths or tracks, do not trespass, never light fires.
- Always park carefully only at places shown on maps, do not block gates or tracks.
- Remember – No dogs, guns, camping or parking of caravans is permitted on Association property.
- No night fishing is allowed without a special permit.
- Never go fishing without your Membership card and Environment Agency Licence.
- Never interfere with other anglers’ sport.
- Treat all fish with care, if allowed, use a keep-net of the required size and always return your catch gently into the water. Use an un-hooking mat for larger fish.
- Never discard nylon line or lead shot.