Viewing 1 to 3 (3 Total)
Trent & Mersey Canal Alrewas Bridge 49 - Lock 12 Alrewas Lock, approx 1,067 yds of water

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 680

Hello Fellow D’anglers,
To complement the excellent BAA Guide to Waters 2023, I have now looked at the Alrewas stretch of the Trent & Mersey Canal that appears on page 88.
Leaving the A38 @ the Alrewas Junction travel parallel to the A38 for approx 780 yds to the road on the left “Main Street” continue along Main Street until you reach the Canal Bridge, Bridge 48, You can then turn right into Mill End Lane, limited parking here alongside canal. By following Mill End Lane you have the Church Land to the right and by turning right into Church Road it leads to Bridge 46 across the canal. Limited roadside parking before bridge. From Bridge 46 towards Burton the BAA Waters finish at Lock 12 Alrewas Lock, from Bridge 46 towards Lichfield you come to the Church Footbridge Bridge 47, continuing towards Lichfield you reach Bridge 48 Main Street, continue to Bridge 49 Lock Keepers Bridge, then Lock 13, Bagnall Lock, continue on to A513 Bridge.

Keep on Fishing…

Tags:
Posted on April 12, 2023 at 5:16 PM

mrfishy

mrfishy
Total Posts: 89

Re: Trent & Mersey Canal Alrewas Bridge 49 - Lock 12 Alrewas Lock, approx 1,067 yds of water

Thanks for your efforts Reg.
Might well bump into you on the canal one day ....... or most likely at one of the matches that may follow in the future after the formation of the club/group.
I intend to fish the canals more often this year and with a bit more kit. I generally go down to use up spare bait armed with only an elasticated top kit and always have a few after an hour or two of fishing.
Last year whilst sitting on the bank, with my feet hanging over the water I looked down to spy a gold fish of a few pounds in weight making its way along the waters edge inches under my boots.

Posted on April 12, 2023 at 9:47 PM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 680

Re: Trent & Mersey Canal Alrewas Bridge 49 - Lock 12 Alrewas Lock, approx 1,067 yds of water

Good Morning mrfishy and carlingford59,
Thanks for your replies on the two posts that I put up on the T&M Canal.

Yes this Cut is the M6 compared with the S-W Canal but there may be some brave D’anglers willing to give it a go, I had a walk up there the other day and it does look fishy.

Yes to any D’anglers reading these posts that are not in an angling club but might want to come and fish with a group of D’anglers for a social contest then please make contact with carlingford59.

We don’t do the Commercial Carp Ponds, we like to pit our skills against the “Wild Waters” out of the BAA Guide to Waters!

Keep on Fishing….

Posted on April 13, 2023 at 7:24 AM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!