Viewing 1 to 2 (2 Total)
2023 baa forum issac walton plate annual match

carlingford59

carlingford59
Total Posts: 221

fished on the staffs / worc canal between bridges 19 - 20 the lock inn stretch, sat 25/3/23
14 members fished a very hard match with paddle boarders, barges every 5 minutes, a tow stronger than the tidal trent in flood when the locks opened!
a big thanks to everyone that attended the match. big thanks to resservoir reg for providing the trophy , and donating £10 towards the section prizes , thanks to bin who donated £20 also to the section prizes. thanks again to reg and rob holland for weighing in, thanks to bin and stew1955 for pegging out and another big thank you to stew1955 who won the match and put his winnings behind the bar so the lads could have a drink.
results as follows:
1st stew1955 03-08-00

2nd malcolm causer 01-00-00

3rd raver 00-15-00

4th rob holland 00-14-00

5th= bob powell 00-09-00

5th= meatman 00-09-00

7th= bin 00-06-00

7th= charlie abbey 00-06-00

9th paul wedgbrow 00-05-00

10th mick grove 00-04-00

11th carlingford 00-02-00

12th resservoir reg 00-01-00

13th asg wolves dnw

Tags:
Posted on March 25, 2023 at 6:49 PM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Re: 2023 baa forum issac walton plate annual match

Hello Fellow Forum D’anglers,
Thank you Carlingford59 for posting these results in the Match Fishing Forum, and being the inspiration for this “Happy Event” happening!

Looking back at the foul weather on Friday, and the Rain hammering down this morning, then I believe that we must have had a “Fishing God” looking down on us yesterday, as we had a dry day, and NO Dry nets, as asg put his fish back, “doh”, I hope he does not do that next year when “fingers crossed “ we hold the second Issac Walton Plate Contests!

I was pleased to see that Mrs stew1955 has found a nice place to display the Issac Walton Plate, as it is now a little piece of modern BAA History, at least that is what I though I heard the BAA President say, when he presented it to stew1955, in the convivial setting of the “Lock Inn”

Who knows where this idea of carlingford1955 might lead to?
Most of us that fished this Inaugural Issac Walton Plate Match, had not fished a Contest in “Yonks”, or Ever!
However I do think that there is a place, even a need for this type of “Scamble” as we used to call em!
Do you fellow D’anglers agree, that with the decline over the decades of the “Factory, the Pub and the Working Man’s Social Fishing Clubs” that a lot of “US” have vanished into the Contest wilderness? Bearing in mind that if you were like me were brought into it by your dad or an Uncle who was already in one of the aforementioned!

So carlingford59 has started this new type of Match, based on the basic idea of friendship and a social occasion, with a good atmosphere and a drink and a natter afterwards, what’s not to like about that!

As most of the Forum D’anglers that fished for the Issac Walton Plate are more Senior in years, then venues for say a Lake Contest or a River Contest will need to be safe and satisfactory for us at least, but for any “Younger” D’anglers that are not members of a particular Fishing Club, then do what carlingford59 did and “Cast a Line” and put your suggestions out in the Forums and see what the take up is?
Anyway
Keep on Fishing until you can’t see a Float or your Tip Stops Quivering….

Posted on March 26, 2023 at 8:41 AM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!