Viewing 1 to 6 (6 Total)
the b.a.a. d’anglers AC day out at Ladyham 16/09/23

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hello Fellow d’anglers,
Well what a day that was fishing on “Wild Water”.
I was so pleased that we were able to get our “dad and lad tag team” in a safe and fishable peg!
Great that we are all looking after each other, just as CF59 intended that we do.

Thanks for the feedback on the Match Fishing Forum, I may sound like a scratched record, but I wish that more of the Clubs posted their results, as I do believe that it helps to increase our cumulative knowledge on how well or poorly our waters are fishing (rant over).

I just want to say that having witnessed all of the weigh in’s, that I was really impressed with the number of fish and species that were caught, well done to all of you for your skills and perseverance.

Here is a rundown of what was caught,
Bleak, Chublet, Gudgeon, Perch, Pike, Roach and Skimmer Bream.

I think that bin, (whom I was pegged next to upstream) called me to say that he had a good fish on, then told me it was a Pike, which I witnessed and weighed, see the attached photo and then released, did exceptionally well to land that fish, well done bin!

I thought that Dave Holland catching that lovely Roach on a Hair Rigged Pink Wafter, was inspirational,

But Charliebigchub (also pegged next to me downstream), was the unluckiest d’angler on the day as he hooked into something that ended up breaking his rod tip and straightening the hook!

So a great day was had by all, and made all the better for the rain not coming until we had all packed up, result!

Our next contest is on 07th October, on the Staffs / Worcs Canal between Bridges 39 - 40, Swindon

Until then,

Keep on Fishing….

Tags:
Attachments: IMG_2465.jpeg
Posted on September 17, 2023 at 9:07 AM

Robhol1

Robhol1
Total Posts: 198

Re: the b.a.a. d’anglers AC day out at Ladyham 16/09/23

Reg, thanks for being so organised Saturday it made the day so enjoyable, what’s the parking situation like at the next venue?

Posted on September 19, 2023 at 8:41 AM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the help of everyone involved it was a team effort on Saturday that made it so enjoyable for all.

I am about to put up a post for our next Contest on the 7th October 2023. On the Staffs / Worcs Canal at Swindon in Staffordshire.

Keep on Fishing…

Posted on September 19, 2023 at 11:33 AM

dilljones

dilljones
Total Posts: 29

When you have match,you put result up to veiw,1ST ,2ND,3RD 4TH with weights .
Some people are interested.

Posted on September 26, 2023 at 10:04 AM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg

Hi dilljones,
I did put the b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC Ladyham Contest Results directly on the Match Fishing Forum, but here below I have copied and pasted the results down to DNW.

Like you said it is good to know the results from Contests, of which I am a big advocate for the clubs to post their Contest results on the Forum.

There was another Post for the b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC Ladyham Contest posted on the Fishing Chat Forum that you may not have read?

Glad to know that you have read this post and sent in a message, dilljones.

Hello Fellow d’anglers,
Well we gave it our best shot on a River that is still running low, it gave an indication of Bream being about with tell tale signs of feeding but unfortunately they failed to show.
What were about up and down the stretch were Pike causing mayhem in many pegs, although our “contest winner bin” did catch one that we weighed separately and then released, at 4lb 8oz 8 d, it constituted the bulk of his match winning 6lb 4oz 4d (see attached photo)
Dave Holland had a lovely Roach, his only fish, it weighed 1lb 1oz and came to hair rigged pink wafters!! (See attached photo)
Fish came to all but two d’anglers, caught on a variety of Pole, Float and Feeder fished baits

1 - bin - 6lb 4oz 4dr
2 - Robhol - 5lb 14oz
3 - Raver - 2lb 0oz 8dr
4 - charliebigchub - 1lb 15oz
5 - Bob Powell - 1lb 14oz 8dr
6 - MickGrove - 1lb 7oz
7 - Dave Holland - 1lb 1oz
8 - mrfishy - 14oz
9 - stew1955 - 11oz 12dr
10 - mrfishysenior - 6oz 12dr
11 - Reg - 1oz 4dr
12 equal DNW - Dave Macdonald and Norm

Posted on September 26, 2023 at 10:27 AM

dilljones

dilljones
Total Posts: 29

Thanks for feed back,on result , great. well done all

Posted on October 5, 2023 at 8:42 PM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!