Viewing 1 to 9 (9 Total)
Blue Ball AC ..Swifts ..evesham.08/10/23

bin

bin
Total Posts: 270

NOT for the faint hearted...the access to this venue is as crap now as its ever been.. getting to the carpark is fine but after that its a nightmare ,you only have to cross 1 meadow but its so overgrown that even the fittest of men cant handle.. 18 inches to 2 foot of tall grass is definitely a no go for any type of trolley .. when you approach the river your met with a delight on the eyes on how great the river looks.. but no pegs to be found, 80% of our club were at least 2 meters from the riverbank .. because of the overgrowth.. i was watching them trying to peg keepnets out to the best they can , not knowing were the edge is..
(also over grown )
the last thing i need is a friend falling in ... its 18 foot at your feet...
iv fished this venue for decades as have many of the club and carnt see for any reason why you carnt drive there....
so moaning over..
here's the results ( it was hard for everone)

1st BIN chris wedgbrow 5lb perch .. groundbait feeder and worm
2nd Andrew Wedgbrow 4lb 10oz pole ..for silvers ( out fished me but was just unlucky)
3rd Charlie ..........................2lb 9oz margin worms.. perch and a few silvers bits
4th Paul Mason 2lb 5oz long waggler ... hard work
5th Leo LLoyd 1lb 3oz all methods available
6th less than a pound ..sorry i dont have that INFO
but like or lump it .. i loove this place ,, iv had great days fishing here .... .. but not today

BIN

Tags:
Posted on October 8, 2023 at 9:08 PM

stew1955

stew1955
Total Posts: 305

Re: Blue Ball AC ..Swifts ..evesham.08/10/23

Never mind BIN, fishing keeps you fit and it has been scientifically proved, remember, that you had a 15% less chance of feeling depressed over the weekend just gone and you've won some prize money (LOL).

Have a good holiday in Grand Canaria. Are you taking your rods? smiling

Posted on October 9, 2023 at 3:41 PM

bin

bin

Funny you should ask that stew .. no i wont be taking my rods BUT... i always buy one of them cheap telescopic rods and reels you can get from the local gift shops.. and have a chuck in the harbor.... iv never failed yet, always catch fish in a harbor .(.i carnt help myself. its in my blood )
And when iv had enough of that i just give the rod and stuff to one of the local kids...
everybody happy ..

BIN

Posted on October 9, 2023 at 4:05 PM

mrfishy

mrfishy
Total Posts: 91

Thanks for the match report well done on the win, and have a bostin holiday.

Posted on October 9, 2023 at 8:47 PM

baa_admin

baa_admin
Total Posts: 194

Hi Bin

I'm sorry the venue was not up to scratch and will try my very best to improve the pegs. i will do a site visit and take a look. As for the land its not the BAA land so we cannot do much about this. The venue was strimmed back in July the date was the 11.07.23 it was strimmed by contractors and i unfortunately i wasn't available to check the venue but one of my work team members where on site and said it was to a good stranded at the time. The one thing i did do wrong was i didn't input the dates on the work plan this is on me and i apologies for this. I will do better in future and i will try not to make the same mistakes again. i'm sure you are aware if the venue is not suitable you could have moved the match to a canal section we run..? please remember you guys are our eyes out there if you do have issues with the venues please please let our office know so i can priorities the issue and get them sorted.

One good thing came out the day you did win the match.

I will amend the fishery's plan know.

Thanks Craig.

Posted on October 10, 2023 at 12:41 PM

stew1955

stew1955

Here's a mystery for you to solve please Craig.

Lindridge (Woodston Lay by) work done (?): 24 pegs cut out 21/06/23 by contractors (aka Con Artists??).

I went there early September. There are less pegs now than there were last year when no work was done at all. I know that weeds grow fast but surely cut out pegs don't disappear in a few weeks.

Not having a dig at you mate or the team, just stating an observation that left me puzzled.

Keep up the good work.

Stewsmiling

Posted on October 10, 2023 at 8:20 PM

baa_admin

baa_admin
Total Posts: 194

Hi Stew

please re frame from calling contractors con artistes the guys were followed round on this particular venue by one of our local Teme bailiffs that was in contact with me on a daily basis as i was working else where. As you said things grow its been 16 weeks tomorrow since the visit,in that time if the pegs are not being fished thing will grow as there is no foot fall on the pegs. I spot check most venues completed by our contractors and have only had good feedback about these guys. Just one thing to add the two large filed have been platted with Rapeseed this year which has only just been harvested it makes accessing the venue much better know. hope this as answered your question.

B random as the post was about the Avon..?

As i have said if you have any issues report to the office and i will look at the problems.

Thanks Craig

Posted on October 10, 2023 at 9:56 PM

stew1955

stew1955

Noted thanks Craigsmiling

Posted on October 11, 2023 at 8:11 AM

bin

bin

Admin.. please don't think I'm moaning about the BAA or the venue.. its just the access that is ridiculous.. as it was meant as more of a information post to anyone who is a bit less mobile.
I know for a fact that it was strimmed earlier in the year , As Glynn Price-Hunt who is in our club was onsite when it was done.. having said that ,, the facts remain the same .. ( i had to bring Glynn's tackle back to the carpark In fact i brought 3 members gear back ) as they simply could not get through the grass.. i was on the edge of my seat watching members trying to distinguish where the grass stops and the river starts..( im a very strong swimmer but with a fishing suit on and a pair of wellies i dont think even i would get out of 18 foot of water)..My original post was just to let any club or individual member know that this venue at this time can only be described as very hard work and potentially dangerous..
I had a good chat with Glynn Price-Hunt after the match and he also told me that we as a club don't own the field..
But for all the many years we have been going there that field has never been used for anything(crops Cattle Straw) nothing ,, its only ever been left to grow wild ..
Now iv never met the owners of the field but is there no Negotiation with them that could allow us to drive to our pegs and drop gear off.as its clear that they drive across it.. even if it incurs a charge for any vehicle crossing Like it does at Arley.. we all said we would gladly pay it..
Like i said this is not a moan at the BAA its volunteer's or its contactors.. its just to make people know what they expect to face if they have plans of going there in the near future..
AS we speak its a all round struggle , which is a big shame really as its a great stretch of water..

BIN

Posted on October 11, 2023 at 8:40 AM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!