Viewing 1 to 10 (10 Total)
b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC Contest result from S-W Canal @ Hinksford Br 37-38 on 28/10/23

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hello my fellow b.a.a. forum AC d’anglers.
Firstly May I begin in thanking MrfishySNR-Brian who wanted to Celebrate his 89th Birthday with us by paying for all 16 of us that fished, to toast his health (at his expense) after the contest in the Hinksford Arms, Congratulations Brian and here is my wish that we see you on the waterside for ALL OUR CONTESTS in 2024!

Well we weighed in a Whopping Total of 10lb 05oz between sixteen of us!
Here are the Top Four who ALL caught in excess of One Pound!
1) Charliebigchub - 1lb 06oz 04dr - Mixed bag Chub, Roach, Perch
2) AGSWOLVES - 1lb 05oz - With a Perch of almost 1lb
Equal Third
3) Mork - 1lb 2oz 08dr - With a mixed bag of +30 bits
3) ROBHOL - 1lb 2oz 08dr - bag of Perch

A few boats went through, it looked good, weather was mostly dry,
we pegged from the Reedbed at the end of the Residential Caravan Park to the Moored up Boats.

We enjoyed the day, we just
Keep on Fishing….

Tags:
Posted on October 29, 2023 at 12:01 PM

mickgrove

mickgrove
Total Posts: 107

Re: b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC Contest result from S-W Canal @ Hinksford Br 37-38 on 28/10/23

Really missed not being there yesterday, but congratulations to Charlie and all those who fished. The contests so far have all proved very tough, but actually very close which makes it interesting and competitive. Well done Reg for organising everything and look forward to joining you for the 2024 matches as I cannot make next week's either.

Posted on October 29, 2023 at 3:00 PM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Re: b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC Contest result from S-W Canal @ Hinksford Br 37-38 on 28/10/23

Hi Mick,
You were missed.
Thanks for your reply to this post.
Yes it was another Tough Nut, but enjoyed by all.

Mick the next and last of our contests for this year is on
SATURDAY 11th November
Otherwise known as Armistice Day, the end of WORLD WAR 1

FOR THE FALLEN

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them!

WE SHALL REMEMBER THEM

BLESS THEM ALL

Posted on October 29, 2023 at 3:18 PM

Meatman

Meatman
Total Posts: 156

Seems like the danglers club is going from strength to strength, something really good happening here.. A few health issues have meant I've not been able to make it to the last 3 matches. I'll be back on 2024 and really looking forward to meeting up with you all again. Not sure I'll trouble the scales too much, but it's all about just being there and enjoying the company of a really decent bunch of d'anglers.

Keep on fishing

Posted on October 29, 2023 at 11:17 PM

stew1955

stew1955
Total Posts: 305

Hi John

You're not wrong there when it comes to being a very enjoyable social event, but yet again conditions on the day spoiled it as a fishing trip for the second match running.

Water temps had dropped again from 12.6*C earlier in the week to 11.1*C on the day, and the water was clear enough to see the bottom of the canal in the side. The Sun was bright and shining in our eyes, leaves were dropping and catching in an annoying upstream surface drift created by a South wind and a lack of boats and everyone of us struggled for bites. Only 2 half pound skimmers and half a dozen 4oz to 16oz Perch were weighed in. No show by the skimmers was understandable but a no show of the Perch was a big disappointment. I think I may have been the only one who caught on the worm and that was only a 1oz Danny Ruffe.

Never mind, the beer, coffee and the conversation flowed freely afterwards.smiling

Posted on October 30, 2023 at 9:56 AM

bin

bin
Total Posts: 270

you are so right there STEW. The refreshments and conversation in the pub after were great..made even better by the fantastic generosity of the MR FISHY DUO.Brian & Dave.
I would personally like to thank you both..
I dont know what Brian's secret is but if im lucky enough the reach the great age of 89 i hope i look and move as good as he does.
After the chatting outside when we all toasted to his good health (with the drinks he payed for) we ventured inside to continue the chatting. And a great chat we had , about bygone years of fishing , venues , baits , tackle ECT. And as much as i tried they would not let me buy them a drink in return . in fact he insisted we drank all the money he had placed behind the bar...
so we did.. ( rest assured ill get you at the next bar)
2 of the nicest people you can ever be lucky enough to meet.
Brian & Dave i thankyou both

PS i haven't forgotten about the spare ABU 507 spools i promise you ,, i got them in front of me now..... ill pass them on at the next match

PPS . i wouldn't mind seeing the group photo you took ...

BIN

Posted on October 30, 2023 at 3:46 PM

mrfishy

mrfishy
Total Posts: 91

Hi Bin,

Many thanks for your kind words, we both really enjoyed the day, from start to finish.
I have printed off such post to give to my dad.
None of it would be possible without the efforts of those involved in organising such matches, and its participants. Thank you.
Yes I have the photo, and am trying to post it up but will not load up..will keep trying.
Many thanks to all
David and Brian

PS Dont mean to be cheeky......its the 506m spools.smiling

Posted on October 31, 2023 at 9:39 AM

mrfishy

mrfishy
Total Posts: 91

Part of the d'anglers Superteam...as yet unsponsored...awkward

Attachments: danglers_superteam.jpg
Posted on October 31, 2023 at 10:41 AM

bin

bin
Total Posts: 270

Nice photo .... yes mate they all fit my 506 ....ill bring them with me and if they are any good you can take your pick..

BIN

Posted on October 31, 2023 at 11:00 AM

SteveT

SteveT
Total Posts: 3

Hi fellow D,anglers.
Thanks for letting me join you on the match.
Had a good day despite the very hard fishing.
Thanks to Brian for the drink hope I'm that enthusiastic and energetic at that age.
You where all very friendly and welcoming and hope to see you on another match next year.

Posted on November 12, 2023 at 5:28 PM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!