Viewing 1 to 7 (7 Total)
b.a.a.forum d’anglers AC - Issac Walton Plate - Winner of the 2023 Contests Aggergate

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hello my fellow member d’anglers,
Thank you all for making the effort to attend our 5 Contests as and when you were able to in 2023.
Just so that you are all aware I was provided with the correct details for scoring our fishing contests to arrive at the correct conclusion to the results for our AGGREGATE WINNER and placings.

The number of fishermen that fish and weigh in being 1 to X points
The fishermen that fished but Did not Weigh will be X plus 2 points
Our d’anglers that could not attend and fish will be X plus 4 points

See attached image of all contest results.

So here below are our final placings and a big round of applause goes to Charlie the Winner!

NAME. POINTS TOTAL. POSITION.
Charlie. 15. 1
bin. 21. 2
Raver. 25. 3
RobHol. 27. 4
MrFishy David. 32. 5
Bob Powell. 34. 6
MrFishySNR Brian. 35. 7
Mal Causer. 36. 8
Norm. 41. 9
AGSWOLVES. 55. 10
Mork. 65. Equal. 11
Reg. 65. Equal. 11
Stew1955. 65. Equal. 11
DaveHol. 66. Equal. 14
Mick Grove. 66. Equal. 14
Meatman. 67. 16
DaveMac. 73. Equal. 17
SteveT. 73. Equal. 17
Magnum. 78. Equal. 19
Carlingford. 78. Equal. 19

Charliebigchub was presented the Issac Walton Plate by Stew1955 in the Stoke Prior Sports and Social Club, in a very warm Bar room after a cold day on the towpath!

It has been my pleasure administering the Contests ably supported by bin, Stew, Meatman, David and others on Contest days, and I hope that you will all be fit and able to continue to be members of this great little club in 2024.

In the meantime Keep on Fishing wherever you can
Kind regards
b.a.a. forum d’anglers Angling Club Secretary Re5erv0irReg

Tags:
Attachments: IMG_2530.jpeg
Posted on November 12, 2023 at 7:33 PM

mrfishy

mrfishy
Total Posts: 91

Re: b.a.a.forum d’anglers AC - Issac Walton Plate - Winner of the 2023 Contests Aggergate

Thanks Reg for the final scores on the board...
Thanks Keith for starting the ball rolling.
We really enjoyed all these matches.
Well done Charlie on winning the final match and the overall title, look after the plate smiling .
Some lovely fish caught over the 5 matches, the 1Ib 8oz roach from this match, the clonking roach caught on the wafter bait on the Severn and the carp caught by Charlie on canal type tackle at Nordley pools. Watched him play that carp, well deserved.
Funniest moment .... So sorry Reg, it was the look on your face when we fished the Severn and you pulled your keepnet out only to discover most of the fish you put in had escaped after a pike attack...sorry mate.crying
Proudest moments... my dad weighing in at every match.
Thanks to Bin for your efforts, and all those who arrive early and peg out ,sorting out a potential peg for me and dad, appreciated.
Great advice and friendly chat from all.
Thanks everyone.

PS : Photos of 'award ceremony' are on the match results forum. Could not find a perfect one so put three on.

Keep on fishin......

Posted on November 13, 2023 at 12:10 AM

Raver

Raver
Total Posts: 83

Re: b.a.a.forum d’anglers AC - Issac Walton Plate - Winner of the 2023 Contests Aggergate

Congratulations to Charlie, most consistent angler over the series. Well done and thanks to everyone that attended. Looking forwards to the 2024 gatherings and hopefully a few new faces. With a lot of clubs struggling for members, our average of around 16 is pretty decent.

Posted on November 13, 2023 at 10:00 AM

stew1955

stew1955
Total Posts: 305

Hi Raver

Thanks for assisting with the pegging out at Stoke Prior. You'll be pleased to know that the "noted peg" that I fished on Saturday was unblemished for the start of Sunday's match, I managed to hook the offending snagged rig and damaged top section out with my Edge Monster Margin well before the next match started and before any swans got caught up in it too. What a relief.
It would be interesting to know how that peg fished on Sunday with it being a dreek and drizzly daysmiling

Posted on November 13, 2023 at 11:54 AM

bin

bin
Total Posts: 270

Stew i was watching the weigh in on sunday and the bloke on your peg facing the bushes weigh in 7 oz 3 fish..

he said he would of done better if it wasn't for some idiot trying to wrench a top kit out the bush before the match...
((((( only joking ..he never said that )))))

BIN

Posted on November 13, 2023 at 4:01 PM

stew1955

stew1955
Total Posts: 305

To be honest Bin I don't think that even the blokes who'd pegged out before I got there noticed it.
The hook was stuck on an under water snag @1.5mtrs out from the bush, not in the bush, and the connected pole tip section was floating like a long reed on the surface and had dragged the float under, so that couldn't be seen either.
At least I fished something out on my second visit to the peg (LOL) and I went home with a bigger smile on my face than the day beforesmiling

Posted on November 13, 2023 at 7:49 PM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hello my fellow d’anglers,

What is that saying, “Take only memories, leave only footprints”

In reading our Forum Posts, I can see that collectively we have taken an awful lot of
“Great Memories” and great satisfaction from our 6 Contests since Carlingford set up the b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC.

And by the actions taken by Stew1955 in going back to his peg on the day following our contest at Stoke Prior to retrieve his lost top pole section and line, Stew only left his footprints!

Well done to all that were able to partake in our Contests in 2023, Charlie has set a great standard to Win our first aggregate, but in my case it was not the winning, it was the participation that made me a winner!

Roll on 27th July 2024 for our first contest on the Nordley Pool No 3.
Followed by
14th September on the River Avon at Pershore RB
5th October on the Staffy at Caunsall Bridges 25-26
26th October a return to Stoke Prior Bridges 41-42
9th November on the Staffy at Hinksford Bridges 37-38

Until then just

Keep on Fishing…

Posted on November 14, 2023 at 10:15 AM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!