Viewing 1 to 8 (8 Total)
b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC 5th & Final Contest of 2023 - B-W Canal Stoke Prior

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hello Fellow d’anglers,
Well with an Overnight Frost that brought the the Air temperature down to “MINUS 1.5 Degrees” at the Waterside when we got there at 7am and according to Stew1955 our resident Meteorologist
who had been monitoring the dropping Temperature of the Water in the Staffy, he has been recording the temperature and that there had been a drop in the water temperature of at least 2 degrees, (one less than the singing group)

The Large shoal of bream in the famous “Sherwood stretch” was no where to be found, in fact Bream and Skimmers were almost completely absent!
However Mal Causer had a beautiful 1lb 8oz 8dr Roach in his catch, caught on a pinkie!

The 2 Minutes Silence was Immaculately Observed at 11am - WE DID REMEMBER THEM!

Our Total Weight from the 15 d’anglers that fished was 20lb 12oz 8dr.
Top Five Weights
1). Charlie Bigchub 4lb 1oz 8dr. A good Bream-hybrid on bread flake close in skimmers and Roach
2). Mal Causer 3lb 13oz 8dr A big Roach and mix of Roach & Perch, caught from under the boat on Pinkies
3). MrFishyDavid 3lb 11oz including a nice hybrid Roach-Bream and mixed on maggot
4). MrFishyBrian 3lb 1oz 12dr including a Bream of 2lb 6oz and mixed
EQUAL FIFTH with 1lb 5oz 8dr
5). bin, with a mix of Roach, Perch, Ruff
5). Norm, with a mix of Roach and Perch
The remaining d’anglers did well to catch ounces of fish as it was so cold.
Only one did not weigh!

So that was it for 2023, all Contests done! Roll on 2024 and our next 5 Contests that we have already booked, giving us lone d’anglers the chance to meet up again.

For those fishing the B-W Canal between now and Christmas

I had a chat with a C& RT chap who was on the Towpath and I told him that I was surprised at the fact that only ONE BOAT had passed through during our 5 hour Contest.

There has been a Tunnel Collapse up by Tardebigge, it will be another 6 weeks at least before it will be reopened and the towpath repaired, so no boats..

Which means great to

Keep on Fishing….

Tags:
Posted on November 12, 2023 at 6:27 PM

carlingford59

carlingford59
Total Posts: 221

Re: b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC 5th & Final Contest of 2023 - B-W Canal Stoke Prior

well done all.

Posted on November 12, 2023 at 7:05 PM

Ollie

Ollie
Total Posts: 161

Re: b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC 5th & Final Contest of 2023 - B-W Canal Stoke Prior

Well done lads.

Posted on November 12, 2023 at 7:29 PM

mrfishy

mrfishy
Total Posts: 91

Photos of the prestigious award ceremony.smiling

Posted on November 12, 2023 at 11:34 PM

mickgrove

mickgrove
Total Posts: 107

Well done lads and congrats Charlie. Wish I could have been there, but looking forward to next year's gatherings and meeting up again. Just a thought - it is a long time until the next contest, what about an informal get together in the Spring for a cob and a pint at some time - perhaps a social pleasure fishing session (no scales, formal times, pegs etc) just a gathering followed by a cob and a pint?

Posted on November 13, 2023 at 8:08 AM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Good Morning my fellow d’anglers,
Thank you Mrfishy for posting that great photo of a happy band of d’angling brothers.
Just look at the smile on Charlie’s face our winner of the Issac Walton Plate, and his proud Dad alongside.
Carlingford, just look at what you created, thank you Keith, in bringing together a group of lone d’anglers, YOU have helped to change our lives for the better!

Mick Grove, yes I agree, can you PLEASE contact me on my mobile: 07704263399 to discuss.

I am loving reading these posts from our club members, plus those from outside of our club, ain’t it great, all that I can say is

Keep on Fishing…

Posted on November 13, 2023 at 9:45 AM

stew1955

stew1955
Total Posts: 305

It was a pleasure to be one of the Weighing In duo for this last match, not many fish caught but to see such good quality fish coming out was a joy. The winning bag by Charlie was only 4 fish, 3 decent Hybrids caught close in on bread flake having changed from fishing a pinky on the far side earlier where he'd only had one tiddler. Nice change of tactics Charlie.

89yr old Mr Fishy Snr (Brian) is the bloke to watch out for next year. He's weighed in every match and had a PROPER Bream out on this last match. Well done Brain. Well done all in fact and glad that Meatman could join us again, despite Dr's orders to take it easy until his heart op, he even caught some half decent hybrids.

A lovely day out with you lot again, a pleasure to have presented Charlie with the Isaac Walton Memorial Plate trophy and apologies for missing the group photo while having a fag brake (Doh). I'll never change.

Cheers
Stewsmiling

Posted on November 13, 2023 at 10:22 AM

carlingford59

carlingford59
Total Posts: 221

some better weights this time out , well done all. i'll try and pop along to a couple of matches next year. well done reg, done a brilliant job mate.

Posted on November 13, 2023 at 4:34 PM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!