Viewing 1 to 4 (4 Total)
b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC Contest Result 07/10/23 from S-W Canal - Bridges 39-40 Swindon

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hello Fellow d’anglers,
What is it they say about “Looks being deceptive”?
Weather = Beautiful
Canal = Looked Perfect with lots of fish seen topping and bubbles fish feeding?
Boats, yes the Lock repair lower down had been completed so we now saw a few.
Reckless Cyclists, a good job the Towpath is wide!!!
The Canal proved a Tough Nut to Crack!
A variety of Pole and Rod and Line methods and baits were adopted, there were the odd better fish Larger Perch, Jack Pike, but in the main the majority of the fish that were caught were SMALL = Chublet - Gudgeon - Perch - Roach and a Daddy Ruff, no Skimmers or Bream??

Contest Weights
1) Keith. 1lb 12oz 8dr with a good Perch and bits
2) Paul 1lb 7oz 8dr with a bag of Perch
3) bin 1lb 2oz there were OVER 50 Fish that came to Bread Punch over Liquidised bread!
4) Bob 1lb 1oz a good Perch and bits to Pinkies
5) Mal 14oz 8dr
6) Mick 14oz a small Jack Pike and a Chublet
7) Dave 13oz small Gudgeon and Roach
8) Charlie 8oz 4dr small Perch
9) Rob 4oz 8dr small Perch and Ruff
10) Reg 4oz comprising 2small Perch and 1 small Roach
11) Brian 3oz 8dr small Perch
12 AGS Wolves 1oz Perch
DNW Dave and Tow Rope Stew1955

Total Weight from 14 d’anglers was 9lb 5oz 12dr

But we stayed dry, until we went to the Hinksford Arms, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Our Next Contest is on 28th October on the S-W Canal between Bridges 37-38 Hinksford.

Until then

Keep on Fishing…

Tags:
Posted on October 8, 2023 at 6:01 AM

carlingford59

carlingford59
Total Posts: 221

Re: b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC Contest Result 07/10/23 from S-W Canal - Bridges 39-40 Swindon

well done all sounds like another tough match. one day your gonna fall on some fish and slaughter em.

Posted on October 8, 2023 at 1:44 PM

stew1955

stew1955
Total Posts: 305

Re: b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC Contest Result 07/10/23 from S-W Canal - Bridges 39-40 Swindon

Hi all

Yes it was another annoyingly bad fishing session for us again, I DNW but hay ho. What a great day out.

I'd like to point out to those who doubt our fishing abilities that Paul (aka Norm) who came 2nd by the way, fished old school on the rod trotting a stick float along the far ledge of the boat swim. The fishing was so bad that he only had three bites all day, so his bag (?) of perch was really a beauty of at least 1lb 5oz plus a couple of tiddlers. The only decent fish caught all day. Well done mate.

Dave who is a very good specimen angler also DNW but he did have two bites. Unfortunately both fish bumped the hook. Because of that I bags sole claim to the Wooden Spoon please because I never had a single bite.

On a venue where I'd have expected two to three pound of PERCH per PEG, I bet no more that 3lb of perch were caught in total by all. It fished abysmally and we've no idea why the perch wouldn't shoal up and feed, which is why so many resorted to fishing for the Razor Roach on bread punch.

It was a memorable day though purely because of the GOOD company.smiling

Posted on October 8, 2023 at 4:19 PM

Mikesalcumbe

Mikesalcumbe
Total Posts: 11

Looks like the fishing wasn't great, but the day was !!! Terrific write up seems like everyone enjoyed it and at the end of the day ... what it's all about..

Posted on October 8, 2023 at 7:45 PM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!