Viewing 1 to 4 (4 Total)
Cradley Heath Labour AC fished on the Staffs /Worcs canal at Hinksford 5/11/23

Ollie

Ollie
Total Posts: 161

With the previous days heavy rain and the canal being like tap water is was expected to fish a little harder than usual and it did on some areas. With it being so clear, perch were expected to be the main species to target, but the winner had skimmers.

1st Sean Waite 11 - 13 - 0 ( skimmers to 2lb on pole fished worm and pinkie )

2nd Stewart Mulheron 6 - 2 - 0 ( Perch to pole fished worm )

3rd Simon West 5 - 6 - 0

4th Jon Baker 3 - 3 - 0

5th Kevin Clark 2 - 9 - 0

Tags:
Posted on November 5, 2023 at 6:48 PM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Re: Cradley Heath Labour AC fished on the Staffs /Worcs canal at Hinksford 5/11/23

Hi Ollie,
Well there were some fireworks at Hinksford today, unlike the damp squib that we had last week!

What a cracking result for your Top Four Anglers to weigh in almost 29lb of fish.
It just shows the quality of the fishing that it available on these “Wild Waters”

Thanks for posting your results and the methods that caught, it is very much appreciated.

Keep on Fishing….

Posted on November 5, 2023 at 7:21 PM

stew1955

stew1955
Total Posts: 305

Re: Cradley Heath Labour AC fished on the Staffs /Worcs canal at Hinksford 5/11/23

Hi Ollie

Thanks for your report which has put paid to my theory that a drop in water temp combined with bright sunshine and clear water puts the Perch off the feed (Doh).

I've only fished worm for the majority of a session on the Staffy on one occasion. That was 6 weeks ago at Botterham. A bite a cast in prime Slab and BIG perch water was what I was anticipating. I wasn't wrong about the bite a cast but unfortunately out of the 40 fish that I caught, nearly 50% of them were GUDGEON, the remainder mostly being made up of small perch between 1 and 2 ounce, which just goes to prove that despite our accumulated knowledge about presentation and baits, its all down to luck at the end of the day as to what we catch.

So, congratulations to Sean and Stew for taking advantage of their lucky pegs and commiserations to the rest of the exceptional anglers in your club who didn't draw the same luck on the day and had to struggle.smiling

Posted on November 6, 2023 at 9:00 AM

mrfishy

mrfishy
Total Posts: 91

Thanks for the match report Ollie.
Glad to read the skimmers and bream showed up for someone ....certainly didn't show up for me at the last match we fished on that length expressionless
Look forward to your next match report whenever that may be.

Posted on November 6, 2023 at 10:25 PM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!