Viewing 1 to 5 (5 Total)
Halesowen RBL club match result fished on the Warks Avon at Bidford and Marlcliff 10/07/22

Ollie

Ollie
Total Posts: 161

Having to endure the full 5 hours of countless swimmers, canoes, paddle boards, with the latter being launched from BAA platforms in between anglers on the match and the usual boat traffic, it is a wonder anyone had a bite. The last place I'd go for a swim at the moment is one of our rivers considering the levels of pollution recently reported. This was not just one individual, it was dozens. Anyway, here's the result.

1st Gary Weaver 38 - 7 - 0 ( Gary was fortunate to draw the peg on the weir and was least affected by swimmers and paddle boards until later in the match. He used stick float with caster and hemp to land all chub)

2nd Brian Smith 7 - 10 - 0

3rd Paul Skidmore 7 - 2 - 0

4th Geoff Garrish 6 - 3 - 0

5th Garry Mason 6 - 0 - 0

Tags:
Posted on July 10, 2022 at 7:16 PM

gb123

gb123
Total Posts: 196

Re: Halesowen RBL club match result fished on the Warks Avon at Bidford and Marlcliff 10/07/22

My sympathies, same thing a few weeks ago at Marlcliff, first trip of new season, like a water park. It needs a 25lb pike to have some ones foot in it's mouth, make them think twice. People swimming at Fladbury last week as well. Never mind, some fish caught, well done chaps.

Posted on July 10, 2022 at 8:05 PM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Re: Halesowen RBL club match result fished on the Warks Avon at Bidford and Marlcliff 10/07/22

Thank you Ollie,
Top 5 weighing in just over 65lb of fish during very warm weather is a Cracking result!

But as you highlighted by the very fact that your Fishing Contest was “BLIGHTED” by the Nuisance of inconsiderate Idiot swimmers and paddle-boarders, WHAT Might the Catches have been?

Did anyone in your club carry out a Water Quality Sampling?

As for the other water users using the BAA Fishing Stages, that is taking the p””s, my dear departed dad and his mate would have been all over them with groundbait and maggots and a good kicking!
Ex WW2 and National Service Veterans who took no s””t from anyone!

No wild swimmers on the Upper Severn on Saturday but plenty of Crazy Kayaking unable to steer straight causing mayhem in my swims!

But the beauty of the surroundings and the wildlife more than makes up for it.

Keep on Fishing

Posted on July 11, 2022 at 6:00 AM

Ollie

Ollie
Total Posts: 161

Reg, we do have a member who has been appointed to check water quality on our rivers but he has the middle Severn at Arley to monitor. I can imagine that someone more local has that part of the Avon to do. Just a warning and advice to whichever club that has a match booked on Saturday 16th July at Bidford, put your pegs as far upstream from the car park as you can, because with the weather forecast for the weekend being hot these idiots will be out in force again using our car park to launch canoes, paddle boards and themselves from our new platforms. Good luck.

Posted on July 12, 2022 at 5:51 PM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Ollie,
I fished there a couple of time last season and it is just as busy during the week with “Silver Swimmers” and Mummy Paddleboarders!

They must know how much crap is in the river from all the media talk about the state of the rivers, it is only a matter of time till they go down with Weils disease or Giardiasis a parasitic infection caught from human waste in rivers!

Perhaps I should try fishing with Hemp and Turds sorry Tares, or as a change of bait a Floater!

Keep on Fishing

Posted on July 13, 2022 at 9:36 AM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!