Stolen Fishing Gear
Unfortunately I have had some very bad luck.
While at my mothers house in the Mansfield area I had my vehicle broken into. This was just before 5:00am on 5th February with the vehicle right outside the window in a quiet cul-de-sac location.
The vehicle alarm sounding meant that they only grabbed the holdall and escaped with it before I got outside.
Unfortunately some of my best (and no longer available) gear was in the holdall.
Despite me paying a premium for insurance on the gear "away from home", the fact that it was in the car, restricts the claim to a maximum value. If I could replace the items at todays cost (which I can't) means that the maximum insurance claim value is less than half the true value (perhaps something that all of our members should be aware of, as I believed the extra premium I paid gave me total piece of mind).
Despite the incident being somewhat away from our patch, I wonder if you could publish this as a news item please? As most of the equipment is very rare and somewhat unique together, someone may be offered something, which could lead to its return.
Obviously I was sickened by the incident at the time, particularly as I was just about to start a weeks holiday with some fishing.
Nottingham Piscatorial society have published the detail on their website and I have offered £100 reward for any information which leads to its safe return. I will gladly extend this offer to BAA members if you would be kind enough to publish this please.
The list of stolen gear is below:
Normark Microlite 2000 13ft Fishing Rod (no longer available)
- Normark Titan 2000 13ft fishing rod with 2ft Normark original extension (no longer available)
- 2 x Tricast trophy 11ft 4” feeder rods with 8 tips (no longer available)
- Shakespeare sigma wand 10ft bomb rod original 1880 with 8 original tips (no longer available)
- 52 inch heavy duty fishing umbrella with tilt
- 2 X Daiwa td2503cu fishing reel (no longer available)
- 4 long steel bank sticks with screw thread 4 ft
- Fox 3 piece strong landing net handle with short piece for carp unhooking
- Maver 3 piece take apart landing net handle (No longer available)
- Maver hard case 3 rod holdall
Many Thanks for your help