Viewing 1 to 7 (7 Total)
2022 - What I would like it to bring, is more fishing feedback be it good or bad to help us all!

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hello Fellow d’anglers,
Well this year is on its last knockings and I am wishing you all a Merry Christmas

However to make it a happier new year I would like all the members that view the Forum Pages to perhaps contribute replies especially on how well the fisheries are doing when they fish on any of the Association Waters.

We face many challenges, especially with the contamination of waterways, and the contentious issue of Electro Fishing!

In fact four of the highest viewed posts in recent weeks has been:
The Fladbury Contest Disaster, Electro Fishing, The Avon, Anyone Catching?
These posts have created some interesting discussion, hopefully Mr Williams will be taking note of the posts that have highlighted the concerns of the Association Members.

On a positive we are fortunate that we have members that do post and share their photos of the marvellous fish that inhabit our Waters, Ben Keen especially, you have had a cracking season.

Also what a great job Mike and Ann Woods do every month when they compile the Upper Severn Report, it encouraged me to visit this season, give it a go, the scenery itself is worth the visit.

So if you can post a report on where you fished and how you did so that we can get a better understanding of how our waters are performing.

Wishing you a Happy New Year and

Keep on Fishing

Tags:
Posted on December 2, 2021 at 9:45 PM

AGSWolves

AGSWolves
Total Posts: 28

Re: 2022 - What I would like it to bring, is more fishing feedback be it good or bad to help us all!

Merry Christmas to you Reg,

Your suggestion for reports on fishing is a great idea. I was thinking something similar earlier in the year when I'd drawn a blank at Retreat Farm Pool No 2. A bit of feedback from others would have saved the day. It was only after the event I did a search on the site to see tehre had been issies with floods & otters etc.

How about having the option of leaving a fishing log (Flog?) on the web page of each venue with a link to all logs from the Home page. This would require a reconfig of the web site but I feel would be of great benefit to our fellow d’anglers.

Regards

Posted on December 3, 2021 at 3:54 PM

michael

michael
Total Posts: 10

Re: 2022 - What I would like it to bring, is more fishing feedback be it good or bad to help us all!

Hi Reg Thank you for your continued support feed back is always good a very merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you and all your family . Tight lines for the new year and look forward to seeing you soon in 2022 Kind Regards Mike and Ann Wood Upper Severn area Bailiffs

Posted on December 3, 2021 at 4:43 PM

MartinKuhl

MartinKuhl
Total Posts: 69

Reg

Here’s my feedback of the season, mostly poor! Bidford RB - only 5 pegs available maximum, no stile to get to downstream section. Barton - looks great but always struggle there. Manor Farm - favourite stretch on the Avon. Well kept and good chub and barbel if prepared to put in the hours. Charlton upstream section- hill not as steep as some say but very few pegs to get to the river except for near the weir which is snagged. Went to Marlcliff for first time and decided to start at downstream end near Arrow mouth. Anyone who has done it will appreciate it’s quite a walk and you can’t even see the river for the vast majority of it. Probably four pegs in total below the weir which is a crying shame as stretch has great potential. Managed to get into one peg which was very steep and had two chub and a barbel in a couple of hours. Lovely condition but a crying shame that couldn’t get yo more of the river. One trip to the upper Severn this year which is stunning. Went to the upstream stretch at Forden. Fought our way into only peg accessible. I see regular reports of catches there so probably picked wrong end. Saw a couple of big barbel - not sure 15lb as per other chat but significant size

Posted on December 4, 2021 at 1:04 PM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hi Martin, AGS and Michael,
Thanks for your feedback, as we all share the same ideals we can only hope that Craig Williams, our Fisheries Officer can get enough volunteers together to help with the management of the +200 miles of waters that we have available to fish.

As a general notification to all that do read these posts
Put a call into the office if you want to help Craig as a Volunteer.

As for the Upper Severn and choice of venue then send an email to
baajnw@btinternet.com
Giving your name and membership number and your mobile phone number
Asking for Mike Wood, the Upper Severn Bailiff to give you a call.
Mike Wood contacted me and he will put you where you need to be whatever your fishing needs are.

As both Martin and AGS share my desire and as AGS suggested a FLOG This could be the What You Have Caught Forum

Having seen the recent Despatches programme on TV highlighting the huge number of Poultry Super Farms located in the Counties of Herefordshire and Shropshire and the Massive amount of Phosphate produced by these Factory Farms added to which is the increasing amount of Human Effluent discharged into the Waterways, then is it any wonder the fishing has been sporadic!

Which makes it even more important that we as Fishermen do use this Forum to record the visits to our Waters so that we can be better informed as to what we face if we choose to go. That is why I now have a machete in my rod bag to cut down the vegetation, because there still are some great pegs to be had if you are prepared to cut your way through to them.

Keep on Fishing

Posted on December 4, 2021 at 3:51 PM

CarlCam

CarlCam
Total Posts: 96

Good idea Reg. I carry a slasher too. Cleared 3 swims at Pensham. For the record, had some clonking Bream there but could only ever catch 1 or 2 in a session.

Posted on December 5, 2021 at 8:40 PM

DavidWF

DavidWF
Total Posts: 13

Good idea (although I'm guilty of not posting anything - just asking daft questions)

There does seem to be a recurring theme when I do actually look at the forum and that is the complaints about access to the waters we have - I don't mean actually getting along the bank, its more to do with the state of the pegs (or lack of them).

I'm too old to be hacking away like a jungle explorer and I guess other older members will be in the same boat. We have some lovely prime waters but they are only accessible in many cases to our younger more intrepid members.

I know its all about finance for anything major but the accessibility problem is a vicious circle - don't invest in the pegs and its difficult to attract members or in some cases lose them (that's a guess but I'm probably not far off the mark)

Before anyone accuses me of being a whinger - I've stuck with the BAA since i was a boy andIi'm 70 now so I have seen the changes and thought I'd chuck in my two pennorth

Just saying

Dave

Posted on January 19, 2022 at 1:24 PM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!