Viewing 1 to 4 (4 Total)
b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC - Issac Walton Plate - to be presented to the 2023 Contests Aggregate Winner

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hello Fellow d’anglers,
Our fifth and final contest of 2023 that we will be fishing on Saturday 11th November will also confirm our contest’s Aggregate winner?

The current holder of the Issac Walton Plate is Stew1955, and he will be returning this on Saturday, so that it can then be presented to our 2023 Contests Aggregate Winner!

The Winner will then be responsible for its safekeeping for the year ahead, as it will be fished for again across our 5 Contests that we have for 2024.

Looking forward to seeing all our fellow d’anglers at Stoke Prior on Saturday.

Re5erv0irReg

Keep on Fishing…

Tags:
Posted on November 9, 2023 at 8:22 AM

bin

bin
Total Posts: 270

Re: b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC - Issac Walton Plate - to be presented to the 2023 Contests Aggregate Winner

My feelings are divided.. on one side im sadden that this year as come to a end as i have really enjoyed it throughout . both the fishing and all the company... but as we all know ....all good things come to a end ......
On the other side of the coin im really happy that i took part in all the matches and learnt a little bit of something from each of them, whether it be about the fishing or the gentlemen taking part.. another thing im happy about is the fact we have the dates and venues for next year, so we can do it all again. (something to look forward too ).
All this would not of been possible if it wasn't for our leader RES REG..having been dropped in at the deep end at the start of the year he managed to keep both himself and the club afloat , even down to all the phone calls ,,emails ,,messages.. to make sure we can keep on fishing next year...

Stirling work REG.. . Im sure i speak on behalf of all the danglers ... thankyou for your commitment and time ....
Please ..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

BIN

Posted on November 9, 2023 at 9:26 AM

mrfishy

mrfishy
Total Posts: 91

Re: b.a.a. forum d’anglers AC - Issac Walton Plate - to be presented to the 2023 Contests Aggregate Winner

We cannot really add more to what you have said Bin.
Many thanks Reg for carrying on Keiths idea/concept and thanks to all who have helped me and my dad enjoy some smashing days, create some lovely memories and making the not so possible..... possible.
Here's to next year.
Double figures this weekend ??? smiling

Tight Lines - Good luck to all
David and Brian

Posted on November 9, 2023 at 10:03 AM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

bin,
Thank you for your kind words, but this is a club that works because everyone who is a member wants it to work.

I am certain that Keith Carlingford would have much preferred to have been running the proceedings than having to work, but as Arnie famously said “He will be back”, I am only the temporary custodian.

Without the Help and Support that you have provided bin, with the Tools to run the Contests, and my fellow members that have helped with admin and the Peggers and Weighers on Contest Days these 5 Contests to date would not have happened, and Collective Enjoyment and our Mental Health and General Wellbeing would not have been lifted like I know it has!

So yes the dark nights and short days are here, but I know that some of you have already planned (to use my favourite expression) Keep on Fishing…
Some will be
Stalking the Barbel and Chub on Wild Waters
Some will be trying the Pools or just keep on fishing the Staffy

We have 5 Contests booked for 2024 that will lift the Winter Blues, something to look forward to so that we can all

Keep on Fishing….

Posted on November 9, 2023 at 5:21 PM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!