Viewing 1 to 6 (6 Total)
Latest Fisheries Work Plan - dated 03rd November 2022

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Hello Fellow D’anglers,
I have just read the latest Update of the Fisheries Work Plan (03/11/2022) that is to be found in the Booked Waters and Fisheries Workplan option on the Home Page.

Having visited the Fladbury Waters last week and walked the Complete Stretch, (for the first time in many years) from above and below the Bridge.

I was therefore pleased to see that the Fisheries Team have it in hand to Improve the venue, as it surely does need it!

While I was there I saw a beautiful Pike of just over 18lb caught on dead bait, and returned.

I also witnessed a wonderful mixed catch of Silvers caught on 7m Whip to hand

I would actively encourage All Members to take Photos or Vid Clips of our Waters where you see Pegs in need of attention and forward them to the BAA Admin for them to be reviewed for attention by the Fisheries Work Team in 2023.

Keep on Fishing

Tags:
Posted on November 4, 2022 at 10:33 AM

john_williams

john_williams
Total Posts: 183

Re: Latest Fisheries Work Plan - dated 03rd November 2022

Reg, if you had read the Fisheries work schedule fully you would have seen that the work at Fladbury has been done. Please take care over what you post on this forum.
Cheers.

Posted on November 4, 2022 at 11:41 AM

onelastcast

onelastcast
Total Posts: 821

I visited Fladbury the day the work team were due, but overnight rain prevented any work due to a small flood. They said they would return the following day. The work planned was for below the bridge, fitting platforms etc.
All the pegs up to the bridge are especially a challenge due to the steep drop to the river, in summer you can just about get a foothold but in the wet ...no way. In fact the dog spike would be essential imo, maybe the team could consider steps?
I note only the below bridge pegs are booked for matches, because of the problems no doubt above bridge.
Don't take this as a moan, more of an observation, the team do great work, and it was good to see them and have a chat.
Keep on highlighting things Reg. .it's good you care so much to stick your neck out.

Posted on November 8, 2022 at 11:52 AM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Thanks 1LC
I thought that I was having a Terry Wogan moment, but you can and did see what I was on about.

In my opinion the Fisheries Team of Volunteers and led by Craig have done a phenomenal job this year, as I have mentioned in a number of my previous posts!

What I was trying to describe in my opinion on what I had seen at Fladbury was that there is still room for improvement and addition Pegs to be made at the venue.

Let us not forget that this is a Wild Water Fishery with many natural hazards, the Steep Bank in places being one of them!

Perhaps Permanent Peg Posts with a Peg Number can be inserted at Every Fishable Peg that a rope could be attached to IF it was a difficult peg to get down to?

On the Excellent Staging that the FT have put in place for us Members can I suggest that Chicken Wire is also stapled on to them to help reduce the slipperiness of the timber?

In the meantime

Keep on Fishing

Posted on November 8, 2022 at 4:18 PM

DavidH

DavidH
Total Posts: 245

Afternoon all!
Just wondering are there any plans going forward regarding Chalton and Chropthorne. I would love to see this stretch fishable again.
ATB Dave

Posted on November 11, 2022 at 3:22 PM

baa_admin

baa_admin
Total Posts: 194

Hi DavidH

You are the first to mention this stretch so will will take a look to see what we can do to improve the stretch.

Thanks for your input i will try to remember and come back to you when i have had a look at the venue, this might be in the new year up to my eye balls in work at the moment.

Thanks Craig.

Posted on November 11, 2022 at 6:51 PM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!