Viewing 1 to 6 (6 Total)
Cradley Heath Labour match fished on the Staffs / Worcs canal at Hinksford 26/03/23

Ollie

Ollie
Total Posts: 161

Despite this stretch having a league match fished the day before some areas fished ok but others not so.

1st Mick Whitmore 13 - 10 - 0 ( Bream / skimmers on pole fished worm / caster / maggot )

2nd Howard Dodd 6 - 1 - 0

3rd Kevin Clark 4 - 12 - 0

4th Simon West 3 - 2 -0

5th Lawrie Mulheron 2 - 8 - 0

Tags:
Posted on March 26, 2023 at 6:36 PM

Re5erv0irReg

Re5erv0irReg
Total Posts: 681

Re: Cradley Heath Labour match fished on the Staffs / Worcs canal at Hinksford 26/03/23

Thank You Ollie,
For posting your Contest results for your Club caught from the Hinksford stretch of the S-W Canal,
These are marvellous weights, over 30lb from your Top5, D’anglers was brilliant.

I think we Forum D’anglers that fished for the Issac Walton Plate on Saturday, might want to consider this location for next year, when stew1955 returns the “Issac Walton Plate” for it to be Contested for again by the BAA Forum D’anglers!

Cheers Ollie for sharing your results, the species caught and the successful methods, most helpful

Keep on Fishing….

Posted on March 27, 2023 at 6:10 AM

stew1955

stew1955
Total Posts: 305

Re: Cradley Heath Labour match fished on the Staffs / Worcs canal at Hinksford 26/03/23

Hi Reg & Ollie

I also fished the 36-37 section (next down from Hinksford) late yesterday afternoon to use up bait left over after the constant flotilla of boats ruined our chances of catching much in the latter half of our match on Saturday.

On Sunday the wind had dropped a bit and changed direction, there were no floating leaves and the boats were well spaced in sharp contrast to our experience the day before at Wolverley.

Skimmers, half decent sized Roach and Perch, a couple of Rudd and a token Gudgeon restored my faith in the "Fishing God" and I had a nice mixed bag as well as a "chill out" session.

As Ollie's regular reports confirm Reg, these upper sections of the BAA's Staffs/Worcs venues are well worth a visit as you know yourself. The pubs are good too.

Thanks for your input again Ollie.

Cheers
Stewsmiling .

Posted on March 27, 2023 at 9:15 AM

carlingford59

carlingford59
Total Posts: 221

whats the parking like there stewart ?

Posted on March 27, 2023 at 11:06 AM

stew1955

stew1955
Total Posts: 305

Hi Keith

For section 36-37 I park either in a small Lay-by close to The Navigation Inn or on the grass verge on the opposite side of the road a few yards past the pub. Good for Individuals but not for a Club though. I've yet to ask at the pub if they're ok with us using their Car Park. Its a busy "Foody" pub but they may be willing to let us park in the Winter if we asked nicely.

You can also gain access to the lower part of section 37-38 from there, but most Clubs park at the Hinksford Arms which is a stones throw from Br38 and the best place to park for 38-39 (39 is Hinksford Lock).

To fish 39-40 and beyond up to 42 (Swindon) you can either park on-off road near or on Br40 or on the Community Centre car park across the road.l They welcome anglers so long as they don't have an event on themselves. It's also a Church so I would imagine taking up parking space early on a Sunday morning might upset them.

Craig knows more about it, we discussed it on Saturday at the Lock Inn and I'm sure that Ollie or Stew83mul (local Bailiff) could offer some advice too.

Every Lidl helpssmiling

Posted on March 27, 2023 at 11:56 AM

stew83mul

stew83mul
Total Posts: 663

What Stew has said above is spot on really for all the parking.All I would add is just try and park on the edges of the car park at the Hinksford arms to keep the pub happy,especially on a weekend but apart from that it’s as Stew says above.

Posted on March 29, 2023 at 7:19 AM

We use cookies on this website for better user experience.
BAA Privacy & Confidentiality Policy

That's OK!